‘That will never happen to me, burglaries happen to other people’
We all like to think that we will never experience a burlary in our home. We hear
about them in our local parish, town and even on the news but for some reason,
we still have a ‘that will never happen to me attitude’. Burglaries in Ireland
increased by over 5% last year!
Tips to keep your home safe & sound
- Don’t leave your car keys at the front door. It is common that a burglar will use a
magnet on an extendable rod to steal you car keys through the letterbox.
- Make sure your ladder and tools are locked away. Don’t make it easy for burglars
to use your tools to prise open doors and windows.
- It is really worth investing in a good quality alarm. It also may allow you to get an
extra discount on your home insurance.
- Your sitting room is like a shop window, use curtains or blinds to make it difficult
to see inside your home. Flat screen TV’s, ipad’s, smartphones etc. all attract the
eye of a thief.
- Ask a neighbour to keep an eye on your home if you are away. they could turn on your lights for a few hours or use a timer. Don’t leave lights on 24/7 as it alerts burglars that the house may be vacant.
Your house is one of your most important assets. You spent years saving to make it your home so please make sure it is insured correctly. If you do ever make a claim, you want the problem to be resolved as soon as possible. Our team can find house insurance that suits your needs from a trusted insurer. We would be happy to
answer any of your questions or give you a house quote!