Gallagher is one of the world’s largest insurance and risk management firms and offers a large range of products and services, and we are thrilled to bring these to Ireland. If you would like to work for Gallagher in Ireland and grow your career, this role may be for you! We are looking for an EMEA Tax Manager to join our team.
To operate as manager within the EMEA tax team, supporting all areas of the business in respect of direct and indirect taxes. Key responsibility is for EMEA direct and indirect tax compliance, reporting and advisory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage EMEA tax compliance processes for all taxes, direct and indirect. This will include:
- reviewing all computations and returns,
- ensuring accurate and timely submission to tax authorities
- managing relationships with external advisers and compliance providers
- managing relationships with local and central finance teams
- Manage all tax payments due to tax authorities and ensuring timely payment
- Manage preparation of corporation tax provision for local statutory accounts, this will involve managing and developing the relationship with the external tax audit team
- Prepare or review US GAAP quarterly tax reporting packs for the group’s US parent
- Involvement in balance sheet tax reconciliations within ERP system
- Participate in managing relationships with tax authorities
- Assistance with EMEA advisory projects
- Ensure SOX requirements are fully met.
Your Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- CTA qualification or equivalent with at least 2/3 years post qualification experience is preferred.
- Strong tax technical knowledge essential with a good understanding of tax accounting principles
- Knowledge of EMEA tax is preferable but not necessary
- Awareness of US GAAP is preferable but not necessary
- Practical experience applying up to date knowledge in either a Practice or Industry environment.
- Ability to manage and adhere to challenging deadlines.
- Ability to keep technical knowledge updated
- Strong organisational skills
- Good communication skills in all formats.
What we offer you
We want Gallagher to be the organisation that all our people are proud to be a part of and where everyone can call themselves one of our team. Where our culture is embracing of difference, where you can be the best and, perhaps most importantly, be yourself.
We are all different in some way. If we were all the same, and all thought the same, we would be vulnerable as a group. By welcoming and encouraging diverse opinions and backgrounds within our organisation, we will have a healthier, more innovative and ultimately more profitable business.
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to join, we’d love to hear from you. If you require flexibility for a role you are applying for, give us a call to chat through the options.
How to Apply
Upload your CV and cover letter right here
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your CV and cover letter marked ‘Strictly Private & Confidential’ to HR Department, The Arc, Drinagh, Wexford, Y35 RR92