Business Interruption Cover – Covid-19
There is much talk and confusion circulating regarding Covid-19 and cover under Business Insurance Policies, more specifically under the Business Interruption sections where applicable.
The key point to note is that Business Interruption does not cover Pandemics. It is primarily intended to respond when there is physical damage at your property which results in the business being unable to continue to trade.
Under a small minority of policies which may contain limited cover, the “trigger” for such cover to apply is for a Notifiable Disease to occur on your Premises or in certain cases within a limited radius of your premises.
Sheridan Insurances is as committed as ever to working with you during these tough times and we want to reassure you that we are standing with you during this crisis. Work is ongoing behind the scenes lobbying insurers for flexibility in this current pandemic.
What we can do right now is review your business needs given the current position and outlook.
What should you do:
- Maintain your key Insurance Covers whether open or closed for business. Just because your business may have its doors closed does not mean there is no Risk or requirement to hold insurance.
- Engage with your Insurance Premium Finance provider, if applicable –
- Premium Credit Finance – email email@example.com or phone 01- 2130210
- Close Brothers Premium Finance – email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1890 928 281
- Talk to us about your immediate business requirements so we can advise you and bring your Insurer up to speed
Sheridan Insurances Ltd.