House Claims

In the event of damage to your home We offer an exclusive
claims service and are committed to providing a claims
service that is fair, professional, courteous and efficient.

Register your claim

Linda is your dedicated claims advisor that will assist you throughout the claims
process. She will negotiate on your behalf with the insurer to ensure that you have
the best possible outcome. Here are a few tips about what you should do if you
need to make a claim.


What you should do if you have a claim? 

To assist you we need the following information:

  • How entry was gained.
  • The extent of damage to the buildings.
  • Details of the items taken.
  • The Garda/Police station you reported the break-in to.
  • When dealing with your claim you will be asked to provide documents (receipts,  manuals, valuations etc) for any stolen items. It would be helpful to start gathering this information as soon as possible.
  • If necessary temporary repairs may be completed however please take photos of any damage and please do not throw away any damaged items


Accidental Damage

To assist you we will need the following information.

  • When and where the damage occurred.
  • The extent of the damage.
  • The make and model number of the item.
  • Replacement/Repair estimate and confirmation of exact cause of damage from repairer.
  • Please do not dispose of the item. If your insurers cannot inspect the item we may not be able to deal with your claim.


Escape of Water

If your property has suffered damage due to an escape of water, there are a few steps you can take immediately.

  • If necessary turn off the water at the mains.
  • Contact a plumber to identify the source and stop the leak.
  • Your policy provides cover to Trace & Access the leak.
    This allows you to remove and replace any part of the Premises necessary to
    repair the leak. The maximum amount we will allow is specific to your policy.
  • Ask your plumber to provide you with a written report confirming the source of the leak and the cost of Trace & Access.
  • Provide an estimate for any other damaged caused by the escape of water.
  • You must not proceed with full repairs without approval of
    your insurers.


Storm or Flood Damage

If your property has suffered storm or flood damage there are a few steps you can

You must not proceed with full repairs without your insurer’s approval.


Storm Damage:

  • Instruct a repairer to confirm the extent of the damage and the cause of damage.
  • Please provide estimate for repair.


Flood Damage:

  • You can take steps to remove the flood water from your property. In the event of widespread flooding your local Council or fire brigade may be able to assist you.
  • You can clean up as best you can. Please do not dispose of any items as we may arrange for an inspection.
  • Photograph the damage to your property and contents.
  • Arrange for an electrician to check the electrics.
  • Unblock any external wall vents. Also check the floor void for flood water. This will need to be cleaned and disinfected.
  • Leave the heating on to help the property dry out.


Burst Water Pipe

My water pipe is burst. What should I do?

  • Turn off the water supply immediately.
  • Turn off water dependant appliances including your boiler.
  • If the water leak is from the attic/above ceiling level, turn off the water supply and turn on all hot taps to drain remaining water out of attic tanks as quickly as
  • Engage a professional immediately to stem any flow and make repairs to prevent further damage.
  • Report the incident to us immediately and do not start any permanent repairs until all damage has been assessed and repairs are agreed with your insurers.
  • If appliances are affected, turn off the power at the mains board if safe to do


What should I do after the leak?

  • Retain all damaged material as it may be crucial to establishing the nature of loss,
    assessing damage and validating your claim.
  • Contact us on 053 9180912 to register any claim for damage and to discuss repair work required.
  • Do not re-enter structurally damaged buildings until advised that it safe to do so.
  • Do not re-engage utilities until they have been checked by a competent and qualified professional.



To assist you we need the following information:

  • Where the fire started.
  • How the fire started.
  • Who discovered the fire?
  • The extent of the damage to the building and contents.
  • If the fire brigade attended.
  • You can clean up as best you can. Please do not dispose of any damaged items.
  • You must not proceed with full repairs without our approval.


Freezer Food Claims

If you wish to report a freezer food claim please make sure to provide the following:

  • List of items damaged
  • Estimate for replace
  • Photographs of damaged items


What we do if you have a Claim? 

Once notify us of your claim, we will  report the claim to your insurers and send you a claims form for completion.

You will need to obtain an estimate for repairs or replacement as soon as possible!!

We will ensure to keep you fully updated throughout the claim  process. We will work on your behalf to ensure that your claim is settled as quickly and efficiently as possible.


Prevention is Better than Cure – Protect your Home


What should I expect in severe frost and freezing temperatures?

A burst pipe in your attic, if unaddressed, can be as devastating as a flood through the front door. It probably represents the greatest risk posed to your home by freezing conditions.

Freeze thaw action can cause structural damage but this is more gradually operating.


How to prepare for the winter:

  • Lag/insulate outdoor pipes, attic tanks and supply pipes.
  • If a property is unoccupied, the water should be shut. Run the hot taps to drain the attic tank.
  • If your home is unoccupied for any period during cold weather, leave the heating on to protect from freezing and bursting pipes
  • Open the attic door to allow heat into your attic. This helps to prevent the pipe work and tanks in your attic from freezing over.
  • Ensure boilers are serviced annually by a qualified professional.
  • If you don’t want to drain your water system and you have gas or oil central heating, you can set the system to operate continuously for 24 hours a day at 55 degrees Fahrenheit or 13 degrees Centigrade. Please ensure all radiators are on and there is adequate fuel supply.


I’ve seen snow forecast. What precautions should I take?

  • As with freezing temperatures you will need to insulate and protect your property from subzero temperatures.
  • If applicable, purchase ample solid fuel and check your oil tank.
  • Flat roofs are particularly susceptible to snow gathering. If snow fall is excessive consider brushing snow off such roofs. Please only do so if you have appropriate access and equipment and can do so safely.
  • Frequently clear your path to maintain access to the public road. You may wish to salt or grit the cleared surface, but do not use water – it will freeze and create an
    ice rink.
  • Visit your neighbours to see if you can help them.


What to do if there is a storm?

  • Unplug all unnecessary appliances to avoid damage by power surges.
  • Turn your fridge and freezer to the coldest setting to avoid food spoilage.
  • Remove any items in the garden/landscape that can be blown during high winds.
  • If the power fails in your home and you need to use candles for light, be sure to
    use them safely. Use sturdy and fireproof candle-holders and never leave an
    open flame in an unoccupied room or where children can reach it.
  • If you notice damp patches within your home following a storm/heavy rainfall, turn off electricity at the fuse board and contact an electrician for assistance. Damp wiring can be a fire hazard.
  • When a storm is forecast ensure that all gates are bolted.


Make sure to Disclose Everything 

When you renew or take out home insurance, make sure you tell your insurer everything you think could affect the policy, because slip-ups could be costly.

When taking out or renewing home cover, be careful when filling in the form so you
avoid ‘non-disclosure.’

Insurance policies are based on ‘utmost good faith’. This means you must disclose all

‘Material’ facts – those which would influence whether the insurer offers cover and on
what terms.


Non‐disclosure is when you fail to reveal a material fact when applying for, or renewing, insurance. An example of this is not telling your insurer about a new extension, or some home improvements, which increase the value of the property.

Another home insurance mistake to watch out for is ‘misrepresentation’. This is when
you make an incorrect statement. An example is you stating that you have an advanced security system, when you only have a basic burglar alarm.

Although in many cases non-disclosure is innocent; you might simply have forgotten to
tell your insurer something or think it’s not relevant; it could result in a rejected claim.

Examples of non-disclosure

Common areas where policy holders are likely to non-disclose without even  realising

  • Forgetting to tell us about any other previous claims no matter how small they were.
  • Having or taking in a tenant without informing the insurer.
  • Carrying out renovation work or adding an extension to your property without telling your insurer.
  • Not revealing that you have had insurance refused, cancelled or had special terms imposed.
  • Not disclosing that you have had a liability claim made against you.



If in doubt call us so you have peace of mind and certainty that you’re covered.