Gallagher is one of the world’s largest insurance and risk management firms and offers a large range of products and services, and we are thrilled to bring these to Ireland. If you would like to work for Gallagher in Ireland, we are looking for a Commercial Sales Executive to join us. Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. This role will be based in our Wexford office.
The purpose of this role is to manage and develop a commercial book of business within a busy and pro-active Commercial Team environment, primarily handling the renewal process from start to finish, liaising with Associate Directors/Executives on the more complex policies, reporting directly to the Commercial Manager.
The role holder will develop and maintain business relationships with clients and colleagues, project a professional image of the company and participate in, and proactively advertise the company. The role holder will meet targets set by the company for new business and renewal retention, and ensure that client requests are processed within standard turnaround times.
Review policies as they fall due for renewal, request pre renewal information and/or renewal declaration requests, update submissions and market risks where appropriate, negotiate renewal terms with Underwriters, prepare and issue renewal documentation, discuss and review clients’ current and future insurance needs directly with the client. On renewal instruction, collect payment of insurance premium within agreed credit terms timeframe.
Deal with New Business Enquiries/Quotations, negotiating policy terms and costs with insurance providers to meet client needs.
- Build relationships with key personnel in insurance companies and MGAs
- Have an understanding that no two insurance policy wordings are identical only comparable and build up your knowledge on the key differences
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of insurance products and underwriting criteria
- Maintain the upmost standards of compliance and adhere to broker best practice by understanding and operating within the Company Compliance Framework
- Comply with all management audit requirements
- Proficient in the use of Outlook and Microsoft platforms i.e., Word and Excel
- Other duties that may arise as the business requires
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years Industry experience in a brokerage/insurance environment. This role is impacted for MCC and the minimum mandatory requirement is APA CL, working towards CIP.
- Experience in dealing with commercial insurance clients.
- Excellent communication and processing skills, producing accurate documentation to a very high standard.
A good understanding of insurers’ commercial products and services, industry trends, standards, protocols, and legislation.
Our Benefits include:
Company paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
35 hour work week (9 to 5, Monday to Friday)
Additional annual leave based on length of service
Death in Service benefit
Career development opportunities
Funded insurance exams
- Continued Professional Development
How to Apply
You can submit your application online, or by email. See all details below.
Upload your CV and cover letter right here
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gallagher is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace equality and diversity as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success. All applications received will be considered in strict confidence.
Your privacy matters to us. Click here to learn more